The Higher National Diploma in English is one of the most popular programs among other SLIATE HND programs. Every year nearly one thousand of applicants are applied for the program.
The program is being conducted as full time and part time with the duration of 2 ½ years and 2 years respectively.The full time course has 2 year course work and 06 months implant training in specialized fields where as the part time course has 2 years course work only.
The Higher National Diploma in Information Technology program at the SLIATE , Kandy was commenced in the year 2007 with the objective of producing the middle level IT professional required for the new millennium.
Important Information for Beginners to Select the Program
• After the completion of 2 year academic program you will be placed at a software development organization to follow an industrial training under the NAITA supervision for a period of 6 months.
• Jobs are available in the present IT job market for those who have completed the program.
• Carrier development path with degree programs are available in local and foreign Universities.
Exemptions from the other academic or Professional programs:
• B. Sc. in Software Engineering and Information Technology – Open University of Sri Lanka.
• Two year exemption from University of Moratuwa BIT program.
• B. Eng. in University of Vocational Technology.
• Degree in City and Guilds.
• 2 Year exemptions for B. Sc. in Software Engineering – Birmingham City University of UK.
• With HNDIT and 2 Years Experience you can register for a M. Sc. degree.
The Higher National Diploma in Management Course is designed for students to gain knowledge of a broad range of relevant business-related academic disciplines.
At the completion of the course the students will be acquired specialized knowledge of a key management-related discipline such as human resource management or marketing management altogether with skills related to the following core competencies on:
• Collecting, analysing and organising information
• Communicating ideas and information
• Planning and organising activities
• Working with others in teams
• Solving problems
• Using mathematical ideas and techniques
Practical experience is completed in the workplace through an in-plant training.
The Higher National Diploma in Business Administration course is designed to cover aspects of overseeing and supervising business operations. The 2 ½ year program will be offered in a course unit system with five semesters of fifteen weeks duration.
The Higher National Diploma in Accountancy was established in 1943 in the name of National Diploma in Accountancy with the aim of detecting, preventing frauds, errors, and malpractices in Ceylon Tea Estates and Ceylon Railway; and this was the first professional accounting course introduced back then in Sri Lanka (Ceylon).
Later, this course was transformed into the Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) in 1946. Beginning 2001, the HNDA program is conducting courses throughout the Island by the Advanced Technological Institute (ATIs) which is administered by the Sri Lanka Institute of Advanced Technological Education (SLIATE)
The HNDA syllabus was lately revised after taking into consideration of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (ICASL) and with the few other courses syllabus. The HNDA program can be completed in a full or part-time basis within a four-year period.
We are conducting this program with the mission in mind to produce excellent diploma holders of higher education sector and for this purpose, the HNDA holders are taught to be skillful, competent, and also equipped with modern technology in the field of accounting and finance for contributing to the sustainable development of Sri Lanka.
According to the Public Administration circular No. 46/90, the Higher National Diploma in Accountancy has been recognized to accept as an alternative qualification to a General Degree in Commerce (Ordinary pass), awarded by a recognized University for recruitment purposes.
After completing the HNDA program, the HNDA holders can start their own careers as a registered auditor and can conduct the audit of companies except for public sector organizations and quoted companies.